Thursday, 2 August 2012
On Being Married
After recently getting married, the most frequently asked question I get is "best tak kahwin?" and "how is it like being a Mrs??"
I usually just answer "BEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSTTTT" with a huge smile on my face! like this \(^_____^)/
Anyways, you know how people say marriage is not just a bed of roses? It's not. [so far] It's a bed of gazillion roses and lavenders and tulips and all the flowers you can think of! It's like a beautiful dream that I never want to wake up from. Its like having your bestfriend with you at all times. It's like falling in love over and over again each day of your life. Its also a lot of fun! We argue on what to eat, what movies to watch, what songs to listen to in the car(btw he hates my song choices and I hate his, so to be fair-we alternate songs/radio stations while driving and we make fun of each others song choices all the time) Sometimes when we need to clean the house or go out to buy groceries, we'll plan and plot who's going to do what, like it's some kind of quest or game or something.
We've been married for only a month now and we're still getting to know each other more..how should I put it, 'thoroughly'?... hehe..everyday I discover/learn new things I never knew about my husband. Yeah I know, we've known each other for almost 6 years, how could I not know him right?.. But trust me, in 6 years you might only know maybe like 10% of the person you marry..the other 90% comes after you live together. Which isn't a bad idea ofcourse, given the freedom of a halal relationship.
I can't help smiling, thinking of our experience as husband & wife these past 4 weeks. Like when we do congregational prayer together and he is the imam. It's something I always look forward to and enjoy. When he recites the wirid after prayer, he always holds my hand, and stares into my eyes while doing so. It makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. And that time when we moved into our apartment and we were cleaning the house. I was mopping the floor, he was cleaning the ceiling fan, and I remember 'Dance With My Father Again' by Luthor Vandross playing in the background. All of a sudden he appears behind me, twirls me around, grabs me by the waist and holds my hand gently. and we slowdance to the song. I don't know why, at that moment it made me cry. It was like the whole world stopped and all I could see was him. Everything around just dissapeared.
I can't believe how much I'm in love with you, my husband.
Is this what happiness feels like?
Rasulallah SAW said : When a husband and wife look at each other with love, Allah looks at both of them with Mercy.